Hey guys it’s less than two weeks until Valentine’s Day can you believe it! I am one of those that is a last-minute shopper, mostly because of mommy brain which causes me to completely forget until the day before or more accurately the night before. My number one goal for the year is to be better prepared for things.
Here is what gift giving looks like between my husband and me. We rarely buy each other gifts and if we do it’s not much of a surprise. The reason being, money. We are on a very tight budget, therefore we don’t buy each other gifts. When we are able to get each other something, it’s not a much of a surprise because we can’t necessarily afford to get each other something that the other doesn’t actually like or use. If we do plan on buying something for each other, we will simply ask for a list of 2-3 things the other would like and then we order it off Amazon.
When we do get Valentines Day gifts, I like it when it’s centered around the meaning of love that Jesus has shown us. Don’t get me wrong though, there is nothing wrong with non-religious gifts to show your love too (I myself would feel really loved if I was given a new Kate Spade handbag)
If you are in the same boat and money is too tight to buy individual gifts, instead of not getting anything at all, buy something for your marriage. A couples gift that you get for yourselves! Marriage is such a beautiful vocation that God has blessed us with and it should be celebrated.
You can find hundreds of lists that are going to tell you what to get your boo, today I’m going to share with you a list of the Catholic gift ideas for him, her, and couple gifts.
Gift ideas for men
- Manual for Men by Reverend Thomas J. Olmsted
- Catholic Beard Balm
- Catholic apparel: Romantic Catholic
- Coffee mug: Sancta Bovina and Catholic Art Store
- Rosary- Quiet Light and Rugged Rosaries
Gifts for woman
- Lisieux Nail
- Catholic apparel: LiveFaithCo
- Rosary: WestridgeAvenue and JMRosariesandGifts
- Jewelery: RelicsByRose, SagelySparrow, Pink Salt Riot
- Miscellanous: AnnunciationDesigns , Sancta Bovina, RobinNestLane
Couple gifts ideas.
- Blessed is Marriage: A Guide to the Beatitudes for Catholic Couples by John Bosio
- The Journey of Our Love: The Letters of Saint Gianna Beretta and Pietro Molla by Gianna Beretta Molla Sai
- Beloved – Catholic marriage program
- Formed – Get a subscription to Formed, its absolutely amazing! See if your parish offers it, if not it’s inexpensive
I hope this gives you some gift ideas for you and your love. If there is anything I missed please comment below. I also have a free prayer card that has prayers for you and your spouse to say together. You can download it in the Subscribers Hollow section. If you are not subscribed but want access to FREE printables, click on the button below.