Ignatius is 15 months old now and although he is still nursing, he is also eating normal food. As soon as I have a baby that shows interest in table food I generally let them try everything (obviously nothing too spicy or dangerous). At this age, I am usually serving a small plate of whatever it is we are having for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Today I am sharing with you some of my go-to toddler meals.
My Go-To Meals
- Mini Muffins
- Deli meat with crackers
- Pizza Bagels
- Veggies (carrots, celery, corn, peas)
- Cheese (cheese sticks or just slices of different types of block cheese)
- Squeezy pouches
- Yogurts [my favorite is Yo Baby]
- Fruit (melon, apples, bananas, etc.)
- Small portions of everything served for the family
- If it’s something besides from what is served for dinner
- Protein: little beef smokies, nuggets, fish sticks
- Side: mac n cheese, noodles, rice, cheese
These are just a few of our typical toddler meals. A lot of what’s listed is easily given at different times; example: sometimes Ignatius will have fish sticks for lunch or eggs for dinner. A lot of the things I feed my toddler (or any of my kids) needs to be simple because as a busy homeschooling mom of five I need any meal to be as quick and easy as possible.
I do have a child with a peanut allergy. Because of that, I do not introduce anything with peanuts at this point. As far as other common food allergies, like fish, I do introduce those occasionally. When I do give something with common allergies, I try my best to be very conscious of how their reaction.
What are some of your favorite toddler meals? Comment below with some of your little one’s favorites or not so favorites.
Also, check out my post on Tips for Avoiding a Picky Eater.